NIH Contract: change of institution Charles Hathaway (03 Sep 2014 15:52 EST)
Re: NIH Contract: change of institution Moise, Jessica (03 Sep 2014 17:49 EST)
Re: NIH Contract: change of institution Downey, Kaaren (03 Sep 2014 20:36 EST)
Re: NIH Contract: change of institution Szabo, Jamie (04 Sep 2014 08:34 EST)
Re: NIH Contract: change of institution Forster, Marjorie (04 Sep 2014 14:59 EST)
Re: NIH Contract: change of institution Russell, Monica (04 Sep 2014 08:17 EST)
Re: NIH Contract: change of institution Stroud, Suzanne (04 Sep 2014 09:47 EST)
Re: NIH Contract: change of institution Forster, Marjorie (04 Sep 2014 09:53 EST)

Re: NIH Contract: change of institution Forster, Marjorie 04 Sep 2014 09:53 EST

At UMB a number of years ago when we had a clinical faculty member leaving to go into private practice and it was determined that he was the only person to complete the terms of the contract, UMB entered into a Novation agreement between UMB and the NIH that allowed the contract to be transferred to the faculty member in his private practice.  The Novation agreement template was provided to us from the NIH.  I believe that there was one term that the University requested to be changed to ensure that once the transfer was completed that UMB had no further liability.

Marjorie Forster
Assistant Vice President, Research and
 Global Health Initiatives
Office of Research and Development