Question regarding DOE continuation funding Robertson, Beverly (10 Dec 2013 16:16 EST)
Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Duryea, Kristina (10 Dec 2013 16:28 EST)
Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Marisa Steffers (10 Dec 2013 17:16 EST)
Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Downey, Kaaren (10 Dec 2013 18:28 EST)
Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Young, Katherine S (10 Dec 2013 18:47 EST)
Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Marisa Steffers (10 Dec 2013 22:04 EST)
Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Young, Katherine S (11 Dec 2013 07:05 EST)
Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Rene Hearns (11 Dec 2013 07:19 EST)
Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Young, Katherine S (11 Dec 2013 11:19 EST)
Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Bristow,Judy L. (11 Dec 2013 12:09 EST)

Re: Question regarding DOE continuation funding Young, Katherine S 11 Dec 2013 07:05 EST

I think the question is different than what is stated in the rate agreement.  The formula was applied in the previous award so it must be in the basis description, but should the application of F&A be renewed with issuance of a new award?  I say yes, if you are also issuing a new subaward.  I am also presuming that the prim and the sub recipient will be closing out the previous account and establishing new accounts for the new award.  While institution may choose not to charge the F&A,  it is reasonable to do so.  What if the new award was not a renewal but a brand new project with same PI and sub recipient?  Would you choose not to charge the F&A based on the ongoing relationship of the parties.  Good will is appreciated, but the prime has real expenses associated with subrecipient monitoring and the assessment does not even begin to cover those costs.

Thanks for listening!

Kathy

Sent from my iPhone