A Center in Name only Alvarez, Michelle E (12 Mar 2012 20:09 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Charles Hathaway (12 Mar 2012 20:53 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Carolyn Elliott-Farino (12 Mar 2012 22:35 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Alvarez, Michelle E (13 Mar 2012 05:13 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Theresa Defino (13 Mar 2012 06:04 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Gray, Madison (13 Mar 2012 11:45 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Hearns, Rene (13 Mar 2012 14:01 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Aull, Robert Matthew (13 Mar 2012 15:47 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Charles Hathaway (13 Mar 2012 16:33 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Wayne Glass (14 Mar 2012 06:12 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Mike McCallister (14 Mar 2012 08:05 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Charles Hathaway (14 Mar 2012 09:02 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Theresa Defino (14 Mar 2012 09:02 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Ralph Norton (13 Mar 2012 15:15 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Ralph Norton (13 Mar 2012 11:48 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Paul Tuttle (14 Mar 2012 10:17 EST)
Re: A Center in Name only Alvarez, Michelle E (14 Mar 2012 11:59 EST)

Re: A Center in Name only Ralph Norton 13 Mar 2012 11:48 EST

By creating a "Center" of this type, you de-value any "real" centers
you have, now or in the future. You teach faculty the designation of
"Center" is meaningless, doubtless crimping the morale of those who
actually have or will earn the distinction.

A funding source/reviewer is going to look at the vita of your
"Center's" Director, and come to the appropriate conclusion when they
see little/no funding. Same thing if one of them gets curious and
looks on the web or "asks around."

I could go on, but that ought to convince you: a BAD idea, all around.