Re: Equipment Use by Outsiders Jan McLaurin 23 Mar 2000 14:32 EST
 Hi Herb and RESADMers,

Attached is the SUNY New Paltz policy related to university-industry
cooperative use of  research equipment.  Also attached are our application
for such use by an outside entity and a model agreement.

I think the main 'Do' is to make sure you have adequate administrative
infrastructure in place to support and oversee these types of arrangements.
We require that there be a sponsor for each outside entity requesting
equipment use.  This is usually the dean of the unit primarily affected by
the agreement, i.e. the unit to which the equipment belongs.  The dean then
becomes the first line administrator involved in management of the daily
issues associated with implementation of the agreement (and there are many.)
Whatever administrative structure you decide to put in place, just make sure
it is responsive and responsible.

Jan

Jan W. McLaurin, Ph.D., CRA
Assistant Vice President for Sponsored Funds
SUNY New Paltz
75 S. Manheim Blvd.
New Paltz, NY  12561-2443

xxxxxx@matrix.newpaltz.edu