Re: Exporting equipment Judith Opacki 29 Oct 1998 12:12 EST

My experience leads me to believe that you probably do not need an export
license per se.  The export license covers sensitive materials; however,
the U.S. Department of Commerce can tell you for sure.  You will, however,
probably need a U.S. Department of Commerce "Shipper's Export
Declaration," Form 7525-V.

For years, the University of Washington has had a contract with an
import-export expediter.  These people are experts; consequently all
shipments between the UW and foreign countries are supposed to be
processed through this contractor to expedite the customs process on the
outbound and on the return to the USA.

Sincerely,

Judith Opacki

Judith Opacki, Administrator            Tel: (206) 543-6026
Cloud & Aerosol Research                Fax: (206) 685-7160 or 543-0308
Department of Atmospheric Sciences
University of Washington
Box 351640
Seattle, WA  98195-1640  USA