NSF MRI -- Major Users Margaret Zywczyk (19 Jan 2018 09:38 EST)
Re: NSF MRI -- Major Users Webster, Jennifer Lauren (19 Jan 2018 11:40 EST)
Re: NSF MRI -- Major Users Michael Spires (19 Jan 2018 12:31 EST)

Re: NSF MRI -- Major Users Webster, Jennifer Lauren 19 Jan 2018 11:40 EST

Hi Margaret,

Based on the new wording, our institution is collecting the full set of documents for everyone on the understanding that major users = senior personnel.

On a related note, in the last few years we only collected bios and C&P for co-PI and up--which was compliant based on the previous wording of the solicitation, but which reviewers didn't seem to like because they wanted to see the full info for all research that might be enabled by the equipment. Without it, a few of them questioned whether we had enough active projects to justify the purchase.

Good luck!
Jennifer

Jennifer L. Webster, MA, CRA
Manager, Strategic Research Initiatives, Research Development Team
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Office of Research & Engagement
408 Blount Hall, 1534 White Avenue, Knoxville TN 37996
o: 865-974-2044 | m: 865-617-1766 | xxxxxx@utk.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Margaret Zywczyk
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 9:38 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] NSF MRI -- Major Users

Hi All,

Last year’s NSF MRI funding notice mentioned that biosketches were required for the PI, Co-PIs and any designated Senior Personnel listed on the budget.  While individuals deemed Major Users did not need to include this information.

2017 Funding Notice
In accordance with the Grant Proposal Guide, the proposal must include two-page biographical sketches of the PI and any Co-PI(s) (i.e., those personnel listed on the cover sheet), as well as any designated senior personnel (see Section V.A.1) listed on the budget. Other individuals who will be major users or developers of the relevant research instrumentation may be described in the Project Description but should not include a biographical sketch.

This year’s funding notice has slightly different wording.

2018 Funding Notice
The proposal must include two-page biographical sketches of the PI and any Co-PI(s) (i.e., those personnel listed on the Cover Sheet), as well as any designated Senior Personnel. Other individuals who will be minor users or developers of the relevant research instrumentation may be described in the Project Description but should not include a biographical sketch.

We were wondering if under this year’s guidance Major Users are to be deemed Senior Personnel (even if they are not listed on the budget) and hence we would need to grab their biosketches, current and pending and collaborators and other affiliations information documents.

Thanks and Happy Friday!

Margaret

Margaret Zywczyk, CRA
Research Advancement Administrator, Sr.
Research Advancement Office
Arizona State University
Office of the Dean - Research and Graduate Initiatives College of Liberal Arts & Sciences P.O. Box 876505
300 E. University Ave., Suite 145
Tempe, Arizona 85287-6505
T. 480.965.8660 | F. 480.965.1093

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help

 via our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org (click on the
 "RESADM-L" link under "Sponsored Programs").