FW: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Cara Lenz (29 Jan 2015 14:15 EST)
Re: FW: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Sandra Nordahl (30 Jan 2015 09:42 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Hathaway, Charles (30 Jan 2015 10:02 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Dale Braden (30 Jan 2015 12:18 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Michael Spires (30 Jan 2015 13:40 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Jennifer Stone (30 Jan 2015 15:45 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining dougm (Doug Mounce) (30 Jan 2015 15:46 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Hathaway, Charles (30 Jan 2015 19:45 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Davis Hamilton, Zoya (31 Jan 2015 19:21 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Gottlieb, Allison (02 Feb 2015 09:12 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Elizabeth Kingsley (03 Feb 2015 11:47 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Lawrence Waxler (03 Feb 2015 12:33 EST)
Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Elizabeth Kingsley (03 Feb 2015 16:59 EST)

Re: No Cost Extension - No Grant Funds Remaining Elizabeth Kingsley 03 Feb 2015 16:59 EST

I definitely understand how the extension would benefit the project reports and the PI. But what about NIH's statement in GPS 8.1.1.3 that such a request indicates "additional work remains to be completed on the project and that resources are available to continue to support the project"? Do other institutions consider university resources as the PI's "available resources"? Can the $0 balance issue be separated out?

I have an ongoing conversation with another sponsor about this very situation, so I'm curious to see how other institutions handle this. I always appreciate the breadth of knowledge on this list serve.

Best,
Beth

Beth Kingsley
Sr. Grant Officer
Office of Contracts & Grants
University of Colorado Boulder
Boulder, Colorado 80309
O 303 492 2694

NEW Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) is effective December 26, 2014!
Questions? Contact your Proposal Analyst or Grant Officer, or visit our website.