COS Update Chris Thompson (26 Mar 2014 13:57 EST)
Re: COS Update Joel Curtice Fritzler (26 Mar 2014 15:37 EST)
Re: COS Update Chris Thompson (26 Mar 2014 17:49 EST)
Re: COS Update Berry, Matt L. (27 Mar 2014 08:11 EST)
Re: COS Update Chris Thompson (28 Mar 2014 08:39 EST)
Re: COS Update Chris Thompson (28 Mar 2014 09:04 EST)
Re: COS Update Nordquist, Daniel G (28 Mar 2014 10:51 EST)
Re: COS Update Ricky Ray (28 Mar 2014 13:31 EST)
Re: COS Update Mike L. Varney (31 Mar 2014 13:05 EST)

Re: COS Update Joel Curtice Fritzler 26 Mar 2014 15:37 EST

What else shall we advertise on this discussion listserv?

Joel Fritzler
Grant and Contract Administrator
Office of Grant and Contract Services
ARD Building #56, 1298 S. Knoles Dr., Suite 240
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-4130

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Chris Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:58 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] COS Update

Some time ago (last fall) there was a lot of discussion about COS having made a transition from their standard funding opportunity search tool to Pivot and the significant increase in cost of the new enhanced offering.  Many users felt left out in the cold as they either didn't need the awesome new features it offered or couldn't afford the price increase.  I'd shared with everyone that we were in discussions with the COS team on licensing their data to offer through our Kwest product (similar to the old COS product but we feel more user friendly) and I said I'd provide an update.  We tried diligently to work with the COS team assuming they'd see this as an opportunity but we were unsuccessful.  Once it became apparent that we weren't going to be able to make this happen we decided to hire a couple of people to generate our own private data sources.

So, if you're still looking for an affordable tool for faculty and research admin staff to find funding opportunities I'd encourage you to check out Kwest by visiting http://moderas.org/Funding-Opportunities and clicking on the "Start your free 15 day Trial" button. There's no obligation whatsoever, no credit card information necessary to take it for a test drive.  our last client test drove it for about 4 hours before signing up.

I will say we're finding Kwest addresses the biggest issue we've heard about such tools... that nobody uses them.  Over the last month we've only seen one Sunday where users from our clients haven't been in the system searching, checking on search agent results that are emailed to them, or reviewing update notifications on their saved opportunities so it's definitely reaching the target audience.

On a related update for those that may not know, the IRIS product was updated recently as well.  A new company, Cazoodle, took ownership and updated the user interface so you may want to check them out as well as a good COS replacement.  Their site is https://www.grantforward.com/index and they also offer a free trial.

Best regards,
Chris

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help