Grants.gov passwords Schreiber, Hollie (30 Aug 2013 10:30 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords Lyon, Mollie (30 Aug 2013 11:46 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords Farnsworth, Franci (30 Aug 2013 12:11 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords Molly Daniel (30 Aug 2013 12:21 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords Schreiber, Hollie (30 Aug 2013 14:54 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords Wood, Roger (30 Aug 2013 15:00 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords Marisa Steffers (30 Aug 2013 12:34 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords Molly Daniel (30 Aug 2013 13:17 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords Marisa Steffers (30 Aug 2013 14:49 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords LINDSAY, AMANDA (30 Aug 2013 14:08 EST)
Re: Grants.gov passwords Schreiber, Hollie (30 Aug 2013 15:40 EST)

Re: Grants.gov passwords Schreiber, Hollie 30 Aug 2013 15:40 EST

So glad to know I'm not nuts Amanda!    (Okay, those of you who know me can keep your mouths shut!)

Hollie

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of LINDSAY, AMANDA
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 2:09 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Grants.gov passwords

A Grants.gov representative announced this change at the last meeting of the FDP.  The rep indicated the system requires a new password every 60 instead of 90 days and the new password cannot match any of the last 6 passwords.  (It was mentioned that NIST security guidelines set password requirements and it's likely that all federal agencies would move towards this policy - some perhaps just more slowly than others.)

The new password needs to be at least 8 characters including at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, one number and one special character.  That takes some creativity!

Best regards,
Amanda Lindsay

Amanda Lindsay, CRA | eRA Support Analyst | 136 Cartwright Hall | Kent State University
330.672.3026 ( p ) | 330.672.7991 ( f ) | xxxxxx@kent.edu