NIH RPPRs Charles Hathaway (22 Apr 2013 08:06 EST)
Re: NIH RPPRs Stephanie Scott (22 Apr 2013 08:28 EST)
Re: NIH RPPRs Amanda Amescua (22 Apr 2013 08:49 EST)

Re: NIH RPPRs Stephanie Scott 22 Apr 2013 08:28 EST

The quick answer is....yep!

It is possible for a PI to initiate an eSNAP even though the RPPR is required.  NIH is leaving that option available until July, when there will be a new Commons release.
The NIH issued an announcement on Friday related to this: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-13-061.html.
Therefore, PIs and their delegates have to be really careful to initiate the RPPR, beginning with progress reports due in May for SNAPs and Fellowships.  They should not select the eSNAP option.

On our end, we have started sending targeted emails to PIs with reports due to remind them of the RPPR requirement, along with a reminder about the enhanced Public Access Policy, which also takes effect with budget start dates of 7/1/2013 and later.

We had a couple of PIs initiate their progress reports early when they were due in May, and they chose eSNAP instead of RPPR.  Those had to be recalled and completed again using the RPPR format.   This was before we learned that the eSNAP option was still going to be available in the Commons.

Stephanie F. Scott, M.S.
Communications & Outreach Director
Sponsored Projects Administration (SPA)
Columbia University
Ph: 212-305-1641
website: http://spa.columbia.edu/
email: xxxxxx@columbia.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Charles Hathaway
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 9:06 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] NIH RPPRs

Is it possible for a PI to initiate an eSNAP on eRA Commons when the RPPR is clearly required?  There is more than one path to get into the progress report (i.e. via status or via the eSNAP tab) but for one application it seemed that the only option was the RPPR.  Is this correct generally?
thanks
Charlie Hathaway

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help