Re: letters of support Gregory K. Schmidt (17 Oct 2012 23:57 EST)
Re: letters of support Bonnie Kwit (18 Oct 2012 06:44 EST)
Re: letters of support Charles Hathaway (18 Oct 2012 08:03 EST)
Re: letters of support Deborah Hofer (18 Oct 2012 09:44 EST)
Re: letters of support Bonnie Kwit (18 Oct 2012 09:51 EST)
Re: letters of support Mike McCallister (18 Oct 2012 10:02 EST)
Re: letters of support Vincelli, Diana (18 Oct 2012 08:06 EST)
Re: letters of support Young, Katherine S (18 Oct 2012 09:04 EST)
Re: letters of support Bonnie Kwit (18 Oct 2012 09:13 EST)
Re: letters of support rdewey@mcdaniel.edu (18 Oct 2012 08:08 EST)

Re: letters of support rdewey@mcdaniel.edu 18 Oct 2012 08:08 EST

I think this is futile, and actually might look bad. Look at if from the standpoint of the Program Director. They are going to receive a random letter in the mail. It will not have any tracking information on it, just a PI's name and (hopefully) the name of the project. Do you really think they are going to take the time to associate that letter with the electronic application, and forward it on to those doing the review? Especially when they are likely receiving everything electronically themselves? I think the onus is now on the reviewer to print everything, if desired, and not on the granting agency.

Robin

Robin N Dewey, MS, CRA
Director, Office of Academic and Government Grants
McDaniel College
2 College Hill
Westminster, MD 21157-4390
Voice: 410-386-4699