Re: RESADM-L Digest - 2 Aug 2012 to 3 Aug 2012 (#2012-176) Finn, John F. (06 Aug 2012 07:26 EST)
Re: RESADM-L Digest - 2 Aug 2012 to 3 Aug 2012 (#2012-176) Richard Cobble (06 Aug 2012 09:58 EST)
Re: SAM Problems Jean Remmer (06 Aug 2012 15:24 EST)
Re: SAM Problems McWhorter,Sharon (07 Aug 2012 07:41 EST)
Re: SAM Problems Suzan Lund (07 Aug 2012 21:40 EST)
Re: SAM Problems Gregory Schmidt (12 Aug 2012 21:23 EST)
Re: SAM Problems Salvati, Laura (13 Aug 2012 11:23 EST)
Re: SAM Problems Carole Knight (13 Aug 2012 14:30 EST)

Re: RESADM-L Digest - 2 Aug 2012 to 3 Aug 2012 (#2012-176) Richard Cobble 06 Aug 2012 09:58 EST

We created a new username of 7 characters.  It did not match our CCR username.  There were no directions I could see that required it.  We could not login to the new username so we attempted to change passwords.  We kept trying but after we changed passwords, we just got a connection reset error message.  I did get thru to the help desk using the international number after about an hour.  The help desk person wrote up a ticket, said he was tier one help and said a tier two help person would get back to us. They have not gotten back to us.  That was last Thursday morning.
??

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Finn, John F.
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 5:27 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] RESADM-L Digest - 2 Aug 2012 to 3 Aug 2012 (#2012-176)

There was not a proper migration of CCR users to SAM.   The user hot line is always busy and kept me on hold for over 30 minutes and I finally had to hang up.  I finally had to just create a new user login... but still do not have access to old CCR data.

One problem with usernames migrating to SAM is the fact they created a new username perimeter of not less than 6 characters.  My CCR user name was 5.  This may explain why it did not migrate.

Like to hear from others that have had similar experience and were unable to access CCR data on SAM.

John F. Finn, CRA, Financial Compliance Officer
Office of Research Services
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5973

Ph: 910-962-7562
Fax: 910-962-4011

Date:    Fri, 3 Aug 2012 14:37:02 +0000
From:    Kathy Scheibel <xxxxxx@UARK.EDU>
Subject: Re: SAM.GOV

I am having the same problem.  Calling NIH didn't help.

Has anyone found a solution?

Kathy

Kathy Scheibel, CRA
Assistant Director
Research & Sponsored Programs
University of Arkansas
210 Administration Building
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR  72701
Phone:  479-575-3845
Date:    Fri, 3 Aug 2012 23:37:57 +0000
From:    "Yates, JoAnn" <xxxxxx@BLOODSYSTEMS.ORG>
Subject: Re: NIH revised FCOI reg - investigator training

Are you setting a deadline where all of your subs must confirm that they comply with the new policy?  Is it August 24th?  Are you requiring documentation.

Thanks

JoAnn Yates
Director of Administrative Affairs
Blood Systems Research Institute