Re: Consultant Fees Gregory K. Schmidt (09 Jun 2012 01:11 EST)
Re: Consultant Fees J. Michael Slocum (09 Jun 2012 07:29 EST)
Re: Consultant Fees Mike McCallister (10 Jun 2012 06:09 EST)
Re: Consultant Fees J. Michael Slocum (10 Jun 2012 06:39 EST)
Re: Consultant Fees Theresa Defino (10 Jun 2012 06:52 EST)
Re: Consultant Fees Maggie Griscavage (11 Jun 2012 15:06 EST)
Re: Consultant Fees Charles Hathaway (11 Jun 2012 21:54 EST)
Re: Consultant Fees grantsresearch@yahoo.com (11 Jun 2012 22:43 EST)

Re: Consultant Fees Mike McCallister 10 Jun 2012 06:09 EST

I disagree.  I charge only onsite time.  If  I am doing something like a customized training, there might be development expenses, but I would be moderate in billing, possibly at a lower rate.  I don't charge travel days because the client is paying all expenses.  I see consulting as one way of giving back to the field as well as a form of self development and I try to be reasonable.  And, of course, price is a point of competition.  It is sort of like my music.  I don't charge for the performance, but rather for lugging, setting up and tearing down my gear.  I work because it is fun and hitting the client for every second doesn't seem right.  Call me me naive, I don't care as long as you call.

Spanky

Mike McCallister, Ph.D.
Grant Street Services, LLC
7821 N. Thames Drive