Compliance Officer Emily Lynn (03 Oct 2011 15:12 EST)
Re: Compliance Officer Leah Benard-Boggs (03 Oct 2011 15:33 EST)
Re: Compliance Officer Barbara H. Gray (03 Oct 2011 15:40 EST)
Re: Compliance Officer Robert Bienkowski (03 Oct 2011 17:03 EST)
Re: Compliance Officer Baumann, John R (03 Oct 2011 17:37 EST)
Re: Compliance Officer Carolyn Graves (04 Oct 2011 08:56 EST)

Re: Compliance Officer Barbara H. Gray 03 Oct 2011 15:40 EST

Emily,
I'm in process of developing a position description for this type of individual.  We're a comprehensive Master's university with a relatively low SP volume at this time but hope to grow. We have about 100 IRB and 10 animal protocols per year.  Responsibilities would include humans, animals, COI, the rest of RCR, and export control; serving as IRB and IACUC Administrator, and assisting faculty and staff with applications (to get them in best shape possible before going forward for review).  I am envisioning a professional/administrative level position, Bachelor's required, minimum two years experience in a federal regulatory environment.  I'm aiming for $40K.  We are in South Georgia where wages are low, and one can still build a mid-quality house for $100/square foot.  I realize our organizations are very different---but I hope others who are considering this will share.

Barbara Gray

Barbara H. Gray, M.P.H.
Director of Sponsored Programs
 & Research Administration