Re: An "educational" indirect cost rate? Margarita M Cardona (09 Nov 2010 18:11 EST)
Re: An "educational" indirect cost rate? Angela Sgroi (09 Nov 2010 18:23 EST)
Re: An "educational" indirect cost rate? Rosales, Laura (11 Nov 2010 17:58 EST)

Re: An "educational" indirect cost rate? Rosales, Laura 11 Nov 2010 17:58 EST

Magui,

Just curious...do you know if any institution can negotiate for multiple F&A rates for research, education, and public service; or are there certain requirements that an institution must meet in order to be able to negotiate various rates instead of just one? If so, do you know what those requirements are?

Thanks
Laura

Laura Leal Rosales, Ed. D., CRA
Director of Title V-Graduate Programs
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Drive
Corpus Christi, Texas 78412
361-825-3088
fax 361-825-3453
xxxxxx@tamucc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On Behalf Of Margarita M Cardona
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 5:11 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] An "educational" indirect cost rate?

Angela,
Larger institutions have different rates for research, education and public service. Small institutions like ours only have one negotiated rate for all activities and it will be stated as such in the agreement with DHHS. You should forward your indirect agreement to your program officer and let them know that you only have one rate and if they have questions about that they should consult with your DHHS contact.
Thanks,
Magui

Margarita M. Cardona, MS, CRA
Director of Sponsored Research