Re: Allowable Cost? Cappellucci, James E. 16 Nov 2009 12:08 EST

It is a personal cost, not allowable on a grant.

________________________________

From: Research Administration List on behalf of Lori Johnson
Sent: Mon 11/16/2009 10:45 AM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Allowable Cost?

Hello,
 I was wondering if I could get your help on a question of allowable costs.
We have a PI that is doing research in Alaska.  He wants to purchase ammunition,
a holster and a travel box on grant funds for his personal firearm.
The justification for the expense is protection against bears.

Would you all consider that an allowable grant expense?
Thanks.
Lori Johnson

information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at
http://www.hrinet.org (click on "Listserv Lists")

dispose of the e-mail.