Re: Grant Writing as an Unallowable Cost Charlie Hathaway 03 Nov 2009 09:41 EST

The big secret.  How DO people find the time to write proposals?

As application writing is seldom (never?) related to the objectives of a
research grant, it cannot be charged to that research grant.  One might
argue that proposal writing is as important as travel to attend meetings
to present data but I've never heard anyone make this claim.  And how
about time for literature reading?

You don't charge time for the writing...you just do it.

CH