Re: Daily amount consultants can be paid with federal money Jennifer Barron 19 Dec 2007 15:48 EST

DoD deliberately doesn't have a limit on consultant rates because of the
highly technical nature of most of them.  My experience is anything over
$200/hr has to be justified really well.  But as you can see, that's
significantly higher than the daily rates of other agencies.

Jennifer Barron
Director, Contracts
Charles River Analytics, Inc.
625 Mt. Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
(p) 617-491-3474 x518
(f) 617-868-0780
www.cra.com

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED. IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.

-----Original Message-----

From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@hrinet.org] On
Behalf Of Linda Ward
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:56 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Daily amount consultants can be paid with
federal money

I believe that depends on which federal agency who is giving you the
money.  DOJ's consulting rate depends on your organization type.  A122
organizations have a $450/day maximum rate.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/finguide06/finguide2006.pdf

Linda Ward, MBA
Grant Accounting Manager
Grant Accounting  35-123A
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
2910 Centre Pointe Dr.
Roseville, MN 55113
651-855-2603
651-855-2690 Fax
email: xxxxxx@childrensmn.org

>>> Carol Mccarroll <xxxxxx@HHCORP.ORG> 12/19/2007 1:29 PM >>>

I am looking for information on the maximum amount that a consultant can
be paid daily with federal money.  I would appreciate an answer and the
site which gives this information.

Carol McCarroll
Manager, Grants Management
(317) 221-2478