Re: NIH gets tough with corrections Donna A. DeLuca 05 Dec 2007 13:17 EST

The two day viewing/error correction window is one and the same.  In other
words, once your application is available in eRA Commons you have two days
to view it and, if necessary, correct any errors and/or warnings.

Anytime you submit an application after the due date you MUST include a
cover letter.
______________________________________
Donna DeLuca
Grant Administrator, Office of Sponsored Programs
Health Research, Inc
One University Place
Rensselaer, NY  12144-3447
xxxxxx@healthresearch.org
PH (518) 431-1261
FAX (518) 431-1234
www.hrinet.org

 "McCabe, Jeanne"
 <xxxxxx@BC
 W.EDU>                                                     To
 Sent by: Research         xxxxxx@hrinet.org
 Administration                                             cc
 List
 <xxxxxx@hrinet.                                     Subject
 org>                      Re: [RESADM-L] NIH gets tough with
 corrections

 12/05/2007 01:07
 PM

 Please respond to
 Research
 Administration
 Discussion List
 <xxxxxx@hrinet.
 org>

Yes, I'm confused. How does the five day window (now two days) relate to
our two day viewing period?

Hypothetically - Does this mean if I submit a grant at 4:59 p.m. on
deadline day (and it clears grants.gov edits so I have the grants ID #)
but then errors out when it gets to NIH that I have two days to resubmit
it?  And THEN two days to view it (and resubmit it again if necessary)
to correct other "fatal" errors?

And in either, neither or both of those two instances in which I hit
"submit" after 5 p.m. on the deadline do I have to include a cover
letter?