Re: NIH gets tough with corrections Charlie Hathaway 05 Dec 2007 13:11 EST

>Hypothetically - Does this mean if I submit a grant at 4:59 p.m. on
>deadline day (and it clears grants.gov edits so I have the grants ID #)
>but then errors out when it gets to NIH that I have two days to resubmit
>it?  And THEN two days to view it (and resubmit it again if necessary)
>to correct other "fatal" errors?

Yes.  But "fatal" errors must be caused by NIH...not typos that you made.

And cover letters, now required with reference to specific
errors/warnings, and I presume specific reference to the "NIH system
error", are required for ANY submission after the deadline.

My original question was whether corrections to fix typos, and
assorted other "mistakes" are permitted BEFORE the
deadline.  Everyone seems to be thinking that this is OK...but the
announcement seems to contradict that.  I am thinking that NIH does
not want to say that 100 submissions to correct anything is ok
because they don't want Commons used in that way.  I just want to
know if someone will get dinged for it.

CH