Re: Survey - Post Propopsal Submission Duryea, Kristina 06 Sep 2005 08:57 EST
Just one comment about surveys.   If you will have a rating component to the survey, such as "on a scale of 1 to whatever, 1 being the worst...." It would be beneficial to use an even set of numbers, say 1-6 or 1-4, as opposed to 1-5.  If you make it 1-6, you force them to make a decision as to the experience because there is no middle ground.  In a scale of 1-5, you give them an option of being "neutral" by choosing number 3, which really doesn't give you any information at all.  Attached is a sample.

 <<Sample arrangement.doc>>

Kris

Kristina Duryea
Biology Department