Re: Salary Survey Results Farnsworth, Franci 19 Dec 2001 08:38 EST

Hi Jim,
I could have sworn that I did your survey (not that my data would be all
that useful to you, but your second reminder made me feel guilty and I
remember going to the website, debating whether I cared about
confidentiality, and doing it) but Middlebury is obviously not represented.
I'm now wondering if I'm going senile or if perhaps my reponse (and maybe
others?) got lost in cyberspace.

Thanks for the effort.    This is very important to many people in the
profession (and I was hoping you might have info from a few Bacc/Liberal
Arts schools because someone recently asked me what I made in an effort get
get a position like mine created at his school).

Did you ever talk with any HR folks?   They participate in numerous salary
surveys and maybe there's something out there that would be more
representative than an RESADM query.    At Middlebury, our wage levels are
market-based (either local, Vermont, New England, 21 school comparison
group, or national -- depending on the position) so our HR folks conduct
their own surveys and tap into many existing sources.

Happy holidays!

Franci

Frances Vinal Farnsworth
Coordinator of Sponsored Research