Grant submission prior to Faculty appointment Donna Berger (23 Jan 2024 13:55 EST)
RE: Grant submission prior to Faculty appointment Cao, Susan (23 Jan 2024 14:02 EST)
RE: Grant submission prior to Faculty appointment Michener, Matthew (23 Jan 2024 14:03 EST)
RE: [RESADM-L] Grant submission prior to Faculty appointment Gilmore, Donna (24 Jan 2024 12:36 EST)
Re: [RESADM-L] Grant submission prior to Faculty appointment Andrea Buford (23 Jan 2024 14:12 EST)
Re: [RESADM-L] Grant submission prior to Faculty appointment Bobbie Ursin (23 Jan 2024 14:20 EST)
Re: [RESADM-L] Grant submission prior to Faculty appointment Schultz, Lori Ann Mcallester - (lschultz) (24 Jan 2024 14:00 EST)

Re: [RESADM-L] Grant submission prior to Faculty appointment Bobbie Ursin 23 Jan 2024 14:20 EST

Donna,

I too have submitted proposals for incoming faculty, who are not yet under contract, but I have only done so with permission of their dept. chair & dean.

Bobbie Ursin
Semi-retired

From: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org <xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org> on behalf of Andrea Buford <xxxxxx@oakland.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2024 12:11 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Grant submission prior to Faculty appointment

We do it - but we do require that the offer letter has been signed.  We also make sure that the project period doesn't start before the employment date... but other than that, it all works pretty much like any other PI.  We do occasionally have some issues getting an OU email address for the person, but we've pushed the right buttons and have been successful at that so far.

Andrea

On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 1:57 PM Donna Berger <xxxxxx@marist.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@marist.edu>> wrote:
Hello,

Have any of you submitted a proposal for a faculty member prior to the start of the contract start date?   This is a early research proposal and the due date is going to be around March 2024, but the faculty member's contract will not start until Fall 2024.   We have never submitted an application on behalf of a faculty member that is not currently under contract, but I wondered if there are any instances where this would be allowed.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Donna

Donna Berger, Ph.D.

Marist College

Director, Academic Grants

845-575-3670

To change your settings (such as Digest Mode or to temporarily suspend list emails): https://lists.healthresearch.org

--
Andrea Buford
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs

Pronouns: she/her

I often work non-traditional hours.  It is also true that I respect people's boundaries between work and personal time.  If you receive an email from me outside your work-hours, please know that I am not expecting a response until your work-day starts.

Oakland University resides on the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary lands of the Anishinaabe, known as the Three Fires Confederacy, composed of the Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi. The land was ceded in the 1807 Treaty of Detroit and makes up southeast Michigan.

To change your settings (such as Digest Mode or to temporarily suspend list emails): https://lists.healthresearch.org