Re: [RESADM-L] Setting up a grant PRIOR to IRB approval - would you do this? Bobbie Ursin (19 Apr 2022 10:12 EST)

Re: [RESADM-L] Setting up a grant PRIOR to IRB approval - would you do this? Bobbie Ursin 19 Apr 2022 10:12 EST

At a former institution, we did set up account prior to IRB approval, but we stipulated that no human subjects work could be conducted until IRB approval has been obtained.

Bobbie Ursin
Semi-retired
From: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org <xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org> on behalf of Jesse Szeto <xxxxxx@georgetown.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 6:04:45 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Setting up a grant PRIOR to IRB approval - would you do this?

All -

The current process we have is to hold off on setting up a grant in the financial system until after IRB approval is completed.

Does anyone have a policy that allows for setting up a grant PRIOR to IRB approval, and if so, what are the safeguards in place to make sure no human subjects research occurs before IRB approval?

Thanks,

Jesse

--

Jesse J.K. Szeto | 司徒祖傑

Senior Director

Office of Research Services (ORS), Main Campus

Georgetown University

Box 571014 650 ICC

Washington, DC  20057

U.S.A.