Indirect charged on the first $25K of subaward Manley, Linda (08 Feb 2022 10:41 EST)
Re: [RESADM-L] Indirect charged on the first $25K of subaward Bobbie Ursin (08 Feb 2022 10:48 EST)

Re: [RESADM-L] Indirect charged on the first $25K of subaward Bobbie Ursin 08 Feb 2022 10:48 EST

Linda,

I believe this would be an allowable cost. As well, I recall that NIH does not require that they provide prior approval to add a subaward to a funded project, unless it represents a change in scope.

Bobbie Ursin
semi-retired
From: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org <xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org> on behalf of Manley, Linda <xxxxxx@miamioh.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 8, 2022 8:40:31 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Indirect charged on the first $25K of subaward

Hello:

We have an NIH grant that includes funds awarded for consortium activity with 3 different universities. At one of the universities (that we've already charged the indirect on the first $25K of the subaward), the PI is moving to another institution and we are going to create a subward with the new university so that the PI can continue to work on the project. My question is this: Do we charge indirect to the new university up to the first $25K? It was not included in the NIH approved budget. I don't find anything in 2 CFR 200 that addresses this. Thanks in advance for any input. You can email me directly if you want to go offline at xxxxxx@miamioh.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@miamioh.edu>.

Linda Manley
Director Grants and Contracts
Miami University
(513) 529-5405