NIH STTR Amanda Buker (10 Jan 2022 13:10 EST)
Re: [RESADM-L] NIH STTR Kirsten Torguson (10 Jan 2022 13:37 EST)
Re: [RESADM-L] NIH STTR Bobbie Ursin (10 Jan 2022 13:40 EST)

Re: [RESADM-L] NIH STTR Bobbie Ursin 10 Jan 2022 13:40 EST
Amanda,

When I have been involved with a PI at my university, working on a STTR proposal from the small business, I had to help the small business understand that our university would be a subrecipient under their proposal.  I think that the small business you & your PI are working with has wrongfully added your PI to their organization.  I hope you have a contact there that you can educate on how this all works.

Bobbie Ursin
Semi-retired
From: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org <xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org> on behalf of Amanda Buker - albuker at unomaha.edu   <xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org>
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2022 11:10:42 AM
To: xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] NIH STTR

Hello,

This question is related to a NIH STTR multi-PI submission. Small Business added my faculty member as a PI role in eRA Commons. They also added him to edit the NIH ASSIST application. So it shows him listed first in Senior/Person Profile tab (which I thought the lead PI of the multi submission needed to be first). Our faculty member has no employment with this business so I am questioning whether or not the business should have added our faculty member as a PI role with their institution.  Not sure if NIH would then view it as our PI has employment with this business. I am not familiar with STTR’s so would appreciate help.

Thank you,

Amanda Buker
Grants Coordinator
Office of Research and Creative Activity | EAB 203H
University of Nebraska at Omaha |www.unomaha.edu [unomaha.edu]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.unomaha.edu/__;!!JkUDQA!f0k_lby5aLIimM8NL3pmgE_LJN5iNYhCkElZyTZvrb6h1G-iR1rdr5Wd42rd1dKrNA$>

402.554.2650
xxxxxx@unomaha.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@unomaha.edu>
[cid111874*xxxxxx@01D7B840.E8594060]