NIH COBRE - Tuition Remission? Martonick, Sarah (smartonick@uidaho.edu) (16 Dec 2021 10:46 EST)
Re: NIH COBRE - Tuition Remission? Bobbie Ursin (16 Dec 2021 14:13 EST)

Re: NIH COBRE - Tuition Remission? Bobbie Ursin 16 Dec 2021 14:13 EST

Sarah,

If the tuition remission is part of the student's fringe benefits package, it is an allowable expense.

Bobbie Ursin
From: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org <xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org> on behalf of Martonick, Sarah (xxxxxx@uidaho.edu) <xxxxxx@uidaho.edu>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2021 8:46:25 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] NIH COBRE - Tuition Remission?

Good morning,

Can someone show me a policy that disallows tuition remission (tuition and fees, not scholarships) for graduate student effort (in proportion with their pay) on an NIH COBRE? I have found the disallowance guidance on scholarship costs, but nothing specific to tuition remission. In a recent COBRE webinar one of the slides seemed to include tuition remission as an unallowable cost and I need to verify that but haven’t found the NIH guidance on COBRE that would confirm or refute.

Offline answers are welcome too: xxxxxx@uidaho.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@uidaho.edu>

Thank you!

Sarah S Martonick
Assistant Director, Sponsored Operations
Office of Sponsored Programs
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3020
Moscow ID 83844-3020
208-885-2145
xxxxxx@uidaho.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@uidaho.edu>
Team emails: xxxxxx@uidaho.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@uidaho.edu> and xxxxxx@uidaho.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@uidaho.edu>

VERAS: https://veras.uidaho.edu<https://veras.uidaho.edu/>
Sponsored Project information page: Departmental Grant Administrators (uidaho.edu)<https://www.uidaho.edu/research/faculty/dga>

Advance notice: I will be out of the office December 20th through January 2nd, 2022 with limited access to email. Note that University of Idaho observes winter close 12/23/21 – 1/2/2022 and most team members are not available during this time. On 12/20 – 12/22 please email the team email addresses above or call 208-885-6651 if you have an urgent need for assistance, otherwise I will respond to your message after 1/3/2022.

To change your settings (such as Digest Mode or to temporarily suspend list emails): https://lists.healthresearch.org