Re: "800" numbers Herbert B. Chermside 10 Dec 1999 11:42 EST

And, in addition, a card can be "bought" by each project account and that
will be presumptive evidence that those costs are directly related to the
specific project.

Chuck

At 09:52 PM 12/9/99 -0400, you wrote:
>This seems like a useless worry.  These days you can get a card that allows
>you to call anywhere in the states for under 10cents/min -- so unless you
>plan to spend hours on the phone, this seems like a non-issue.
>
>LRL
>
>>hello everyone,
>>
>>I'm looking for advice on a proposed method to cut travel costs.  One of
>>our more prolific research departments has suggested that they could
>>save money by establishing an 800 number so that their traveling
>>researchers can dial up the department and either have voice or data
>>connection.  This would eliminate the telephone line item on expense
>>reports.
>>
>>We like the idea, but we're concerned about two things.
>>
>>1.) How can we allocate the monthly cost of the department's 800 number
>>to particular sponsored accounts, and
>>2.) should this cost be considered "travel" like normal phone calls or
>>"computing" because researchers will be able to use it to connect their
>>laptops to the department?
>>
>>thanks,  Matt
>>
>>Attachment converted: Mac HD:vcard.vcf (TEXT/ttxt) (0000FE14)
>

>Liane Reif-Lehrer, PhD
>PO Box 645
>Belmont, MA  02478
>Tel: 781-863-1117
>Fax:  781-674-0436 (To get the fax tone, press the * key AFTER the message
>starts;  For                                       autofax: program
>781-0436,,,,,,,,,,,* )

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA
Virginia Commonwealth University
PO BOX 980568