Re: "800" numbers Liane Reif-Lehrer 09 Dec 1999 20:52 EST

This seems like a useless worry.  These days you can get a card that allows
you to call anywhere in the states for under 10cents/min -- so unless you
plan to spend hours on the phone, this seems like a non-issue.

LRL

>hello everyone,
>
>I'm looking for advice on a proposed method to cut travel costs.  One of
>our more prolific research departments has suggested that they could
>save money by establishing an 800 number so that their traveling
>researchers can dial up the department and either have voice or data
>connection.  This would eliminate the telephone line item on expense
>reports.
>
>We like the idea, but we're concerned about two things.
>
>1.) How can we allocate the monthly cost of the department's 800 number
>to particular sponsored accounts, and
>2.) should this cost be considered "travel" like normal phone calls or
>"computing" because researchers will be able to use it to connect their
>laptops to the department?
>
>thanks,  Matt
>
>Attachment converted: Mac HD:vcard.vcf (TEXT/ttxt) (0000FE14)

Liane Reif-Lehrer, PhD
PO Box 645
Belmont, MA  02478
Tel: 781-863-1117
Fax:  781-674-0436 (To get the fax tone, press the * key AFTER the message
starts;  For                                       autofax: program