Re: Word Perfect/Adobe Acrobat Rusty Okoniewski 09 Dec 1999 09:54 EST

Jane,
 I wouldn't necessarily assume it was an attempt by Microsoft to "make it
more difficult for people who don't want to use their software."
 I would be more likely to guess that the WordPerfect folks can't (or
won't) come to agreement on terms of a  license to Microsoft for the rights
to use newer versions of WordPerfect for use as a "Save as" format.
 I wouldn't expect Ford to make all their parts interchangeable with
General Motors...so I guess it is not surprising that the two big
wordprocessing manufacturers won't work together either...(but wouldn't it
be nice if they did!)
Sincerely,
Rusty Okoniewski, Interim Director
IFAS Sponsored Programs