Reply: Export Control Stephen Erickson 02 Dec 1999 16:51 EST

Valerie,

The only reason I can see you needing an export control policy is if,
and this is not likely, you are exporting senstive material at defined
by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)(Department of
State regulations) or the Axport Administration Regulations (EAR)
(Department of Commerce). Other than sensitice material defined in
those regulations, you would not need a policy and should resist
getting into that game.

Steve

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 15:29:15 -0500 Valerie Seaquist
<xxxxxx@EMAIL.UAH.EDU> wrote:

>         Our office was recently informed that we should have an Export
> Control Policy. I'm a tad fuzzy (OK, I'm real fuzzy) on the issue.
> Who/what says we must have this? Do other institutions have policies
> that they would like to share? Thank you.
>
> Val Seaquist
> Office of Research Administration The University of Alabama in
> Huntsville 256-890-6000 x 228
> 256-890-6677 (fax) xxxxxx@email.uah.edu

Stephen Erickson
Director, Office of Research Administration
Boston College
Telephone: 617-552-3344
Local fax: 2-0747
Fax from Off-Campus: 413-895-8328