(no subject) Matthew E. Clark 02 Dec 1999 16:54 EST
Valerie,

A purchase requisition should not be treated like a subcontract.  When
issuing a subcontract, you are actually turning over responsibility for
performance of a portion of the statement of work to another party.  The
deliverable will be an integral part of your deliverable.

A purchase requisition, even one for maintenance, should be treated as
you would any other line item (like supplies or equipment) which is NOT
a subcontract and the F&A should be applied accordingly.

Be careful, though.  We've recently run into requests from our subs to
be paid through a purchase requisition because it's faster.  But even if
we were to agree to do that, the same clauses must flow down and the
$25K limit would still apply because they're still subcontractors,
regardless of how we get their money to them.  Your decision really
rests on *what part of the project the other party is providing*.

Good Luck,

Matt