Procurement Cards S_HUARD@xxxxxx 23 Nov 1999 14:58 EST

Sandy,

We have been using procurement cards (p-cards) at UNH for about 3 years now.
They are available for grant purchases, inlcuding research supplies (and, if
allowable by the grant, office supplies).

Issues to pay attention to:  whether or not one allows a grant account to be
cited as a card's default accounting distribution  (at UNH, that happens only
with the approval of our office);  backup material and retention thereof;
implications for mbe/wbe reporting (at UNH, we had to devise a crosswalk
between our pcard subsystem and our central vendor file which maintains
information on mbe/wbe attributes.

Our users have been generally pleased with the pcard program.

There is information on the UNH website:
http://www.library.unh.edu/proxy/info.htm

Suzanne