Re: Personal membership costs charged to contract/grants John Case 18 Nov 1999 18:07 EST

Valerie,

I can't add much to what already has been said except in my opinion
professional memberships help faculty not only in their research, but
also in teaching, and in their own professional development (i.e.
departmental activities).  Therefore, they should be charged as an F & A
cost in the departmental administration pool.

I also agree - it is an "easy find" for an auditor (been there...done
that).  Have a good day!

John Case
Assistant VP & Controller
Desert Research Institute