120 transfer rule Rene BognerHearns 28 Oct 1999 10:39 EST

Hi folks,

All the wonderful folks that responded, responded directly; in turn, here
are a few excerpts:

>Look under after the award. I've seen references to both 90 days and 120
>days but mostly 90 days and our institution uses 90 days.
>
>http://www.hhs.gov/progorg/grantsnet/adminis/cfr45-docs/p74-suba.html
>--
>

>look under closeout. http://grants.nih.gov/grants/policy/gps/8postnew.htm

>Timelines of cost transfers
>
>From GAM (Grants Administration Manual) 605 [DHHS GAM is available at
>http://www.hhs.gov/progorg/grantsnet/adminis/gam/gam.htm]
>
>"  To the maximum extent possible, cost transfers involving closely
related work
>should be made within 120 days of the original charge.  Grantees are
cautioned
>that transfers made long after the original charge raise serious questions
>concerning the propriety of the transfers.  Therefore, if a transfer is made
>after the 120 day period, the supporting documentation described in
>6-05-20B.1.b, in addition to the normal explanation and justification for the
>transfer, must also include an explanation of why the transfer was tardy."
>

>From NIH Grants Policy Statement
>
>"Cost transfers to NIH grants by grantees, or by consortium participants or
>contractors under grants, that represent corrections of clerical or
bookkeeping
>errors must be accomplished within 90 days of when the error is
discovered..."

Thanks again Rene
Rene Bogner Hearns               xxxxxx@csuohio.edu
College Budget Manager           (216) 687-2205
Dean's Office                    (216) 687-9239 Fax
 Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs
 Cleveland State University
 1737 Euclid Avenue Suite 217
 Cleveland, Ohio 44115