Re: Cost sharing question gschmidt 25 Oct 1999 07:38 EST

Maybe I'm wrong, but I couldn't think of one.  Fed funds come with CFDA numbers to
the states, even in Block Grants.  When they're passed on to state agencies and
universities, they are supposed to maintain the CFDA number.  Your auditors keep
track of it and report it back to the government.  If you subaward it to another
institution or agency, you are to supply the CFDA number to them.  So it tracks all
the way.

Whether the funds get supplanted with state funds poses additional challenges.  Your
award would have to explicitly state the fed share, and you would have to account
for it seperately from the state funds.  I don't know about your state, but they
don't seperate it out here.

In short, I think you're out of luck.

--
Greg Schmidt