Re: Dept. of Education Herbert B. Chermside 12 Oct 1999 08:05 EST

This relates to written rules:

The biggest cost sharing "GOTCHA!" with DEd (often pronounces "dead") is
that in their implementation of A-110 they do not allow the difference
between 8% (regulatory limit on F&A for "training" -- their definition --
grants) and your negotiated rate to be used as cost sharing.  The second
cost sharing "GOTCHA!" (not limited to DEd) is that any cost sharing
offered in the proposal needs to be documented and reported in at least the
final fiscal report.

I look forward to others' experiences with the unwritten rules.

Chuck

At 10:13 AM 10/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Good Morning,
>
>I have very little experience with the Dept. of Education.  We have
>support from the program titled "Personnel preparation to improve services
>and results for children with disabilities" from the Office of Special Educ.
>and Rehabilitative Services.  In the past and in a new proposal, our PI's
>are cost-sharing AY time.  I don't see anything in the guidelines regarding
>required cost-sharing.
>
>I need feedback from those with experience with the Dept. of Ed.  Any
unwritten
>rules regarding cost-sharing that I wouldn't know about?
>
>Happy Columbus Day!
>
>Ruth
>
>Ruth Tallman
>Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
>Lehigh University
>e-mail: xxxxxx@lehigh.edu
>phone: (610) 758-3024

Herbert B. Chermside, CRA