Re: Internal communication among technical staff at your institut ion? Herr, Barbara 24 Sep 1999 11:21 EST

Thanks very much.

Barbara E. Herr, MS, CCRC
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Executive Director,
Neuromuscular Disease Center
Box 673
University of Rochester Medical Center
Rochester, New York 14642
Phone (716) 275-7983
Fax (716) 256-1423

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Henry [mailto:xxxxxx@MAIL.WIN.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 6:24 PM
To: xxxxxx@hrinet.org
Subject: Re: Internal communication among technical staff at your
institution?

Barbara,

You/list members can review/peruse/download our Free WhitePaper an
"Executive Guide to Managing Your Orgs Email.' Use code/id 159 at
<http://www.surveyssay.com> Topics include latest email management and list
serve technology for communications and maintaining your member database(s)
for (i.e., E-zines, targeted email, personalized email, conditional content,
campaigns, webforms for registrations, trackable URL's, measuring
effectiveness, statements/billing, donations, and more. *Note* you may also
use this code/id 129 for additional Free trial demos/evals & White Papers .
. .i.e. **UnityMail features above**. Please feel free to extend this
invitation to your Staff/Depts

At 04:32 PM 9/23/1999 -0400, Herr, Barbara wrote:

Dear Colleagues:

I recently sent you an e-mail asking what type of formalized groups you
might have at your institution for administrators at the departmental and
central levels to exchange information. I was very gratified by the quick
response. We will be presenting information at the national SRA meeting
about the usefulness of such groups.

Now I am writing to you about a related topic. At the University of
Rochester Medical Center we also have the Medical Center Technical Group, a
voluntary organization for technical staff-both research and clinical, where
they can exchange information about issues such as Human Resources, Vendors,
Safety, Methods, etc. The members have found this very helpful since the
techs are often rather isolated in their labs. We are wondering if any of
you have similar groups, and, if so, how the are organized, how often they
meet, etc.

My technologist, Don Henderson, and I look forward to hearing from you.