Re: CRDF Rebecca Balentine 21 Sep 1999 12:01 EST

Dr. Watson-

We are in the first year of an agreement with CRDF to handle the financial
arrangements for a subcontractor in Russia off of a Fogarty award.  Prior
to entering into this agreement, we contacted grants management at Fogarty
and were told that they have worked with CRDF many times in the past and do
not hesitate to use their services.   CRDF personnel have been very helpful
and we have no complaints so far.  One caution:  Do take a close look a the
liability clauses in the application materials - we are not comfortable
with them and managed to have them deleted from the 01 year agreement.
However, I hear that we will have to re-negotiate the 2nd grant year
agreement and that CRDF is not amenable to waiving the clauses again.