Re: Proposal/award counts Dawn Willan 21 Sep 1999 09:51 EST

Speaking from the post-award side, we include all money transferred in
from our foundation in our records/reports.  All proposals are
officially generated from a college (non-foundation) office.  In order
to accomplish this, it requires communication between the foundation and
the college.

Mary T. Spina, CRA wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am wondering how other institutions report proposals and awards that run
> through their development offices, if at all.  We would like to capture the
> true research volume at our university and include those that are
> appropriate (i.e. support research projects or programs).
>
> Please let me know how your office counts/doesn't count foundation-type
> proposals and awards.  You can respond to me directly.
>
> Thanks.
> - Mary
> Mary T. Spina, CRA
> Director, Sponsored Research
> Illinois Institute of Technology
> 3300 South Federal Street, MB/301
> Chicago, IL 60616-3793
> Phone:  312.567.3035
> Fax:  312.567.6980
> email:  xxxxxx@iit.edu
> http://www.iit.edu/colleges/grad/sresearc.htm

Dawn Willan
Director of Budget and Financial Reporting
Office of Budget and Finance
The College of New Jersey
PO Box 7718
Ewing, NJ 08628-0718