Re: Japanese Business Practices Greg Schmidt 13 Sep 1999 17:09 EST

I don't think so.  If they allow the inclusion of administrative costs, how it's
presented is a matter of style.  I think the stumbling block here is stylistic
in the accouting sense.  They probably include these costs in their "cost of
pens" figure whereas we come up with a cost of pens plus overhead.  By including
the overhead in the "cost of the pen" we avoid the confusion.  How we determine
overhead is a whole 'nuther animal you don't want to bring up.  That will truely
confuse and mystify.  Lest you doubt that, try to explain it to a PI.  And
that's probably exactly the source of Mr. Chermside's problems.

Jennifer Sharp wrote:

> Do you run into the risk of the appearance of impropriety by doing this?
>
> Jennifer Sharp
> Contract Attorney
> Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute
> 1120 Marshall Street
> Little Rock, AR  72202
> 501-320-3571
> 501-320-3547 (Fax)