Re: Contract Negotiations Lisa R. Ballance [VCU Trials-Outcomes Inst] 08 Sep 1999 10:25 EST
I have noted that clauses are also the hold-up!

Have found that a single issue (e.g., equitable relief language) should
not delay by more than 3 back-and-forths.  This means 3 hours or days or
weeks.

So, there is no "maximum" that I am privy to -- however, with each
contract, we keep a negotiation log.  This allows us to keep the
investigator informed and document delays (good to show the PI).

Recently, I had a CRO, Sponsor Company, and Law Firm ALL involved in the
negotiation of a contract -- so let me add, the more parties, the more
time it seems to take!  In this case, I emailed the Inv. with updates
including last action taken and next action expected.

Good Luck!!!!!