Re: Use of US Air Flag Carriers Richard Tomlin 02 Sep 1999 09:16 EST

Tim Sparklin wrote:

> The guidelines for government paid international travel are specific in
> determining when and where to use US and foriegn air carriers.  But this
> interesting twist just came to light: What about the US carriers who are
> in partnership with a foreign air service (ie. US Airways and British
> Airways)? We have an instance of an  individual who wants to use British
> Airways for an international trip, citing the partnership with the US
> carrier as a way of "staying within the Fly America Act".  Is this going
> out on a limb or what?  Comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

Just to comment that this kind of restrictive anti-competitive rule
would be illegal over here.  But if we agree to eat your GM food, will
you fly on our planes??

Just teasing .....

Richard Tomlin                    |    Centre for Higher
 |    Education Research,
tel: (+44)(0)191 222 6820         |    Joseph Cowen House,
fax: (+44)(0)191 222 8170         |    University of Newcastle,
e-mail: xxxxxx@ncl.ac.uk  |    Newcastle NE1 7RU, UK.

 http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/richard.tomlin