Re: European Union Richard Tomlin 31 Aug 1999 11:41 EST

Rebecca Josvai wrote:

> I have a faculty member who is a Belgian citizen and is interested
> in grants from the European Union.  Does anyone have any experiences
> that they would share?  It has been indicated to me that the
> post-award process has been difficult to administer, and I am
> interested in others' feelings.
> Thank you,
> Rebecca

There are lots of us on the other side of the pond who have been dealing
with EU Programmes for a long time and who will be very glad to support
our US colleagues as you start to get involved.  There'll be a good
chance to meet EU colleagues at the SRA meeting in Denver which several
of us will be attending.

Good luck!

Richard Tomlin                       |    Centre for Higher
 |    Education Research,
tel: (+44)(0)191 222 6820            |    Joseph Cowen House,
fax: (+44)(0)191 222 8170            |    University of Newcastle,
e-mail: xxxxxx@ncl.ac.uk     |    Newcastle NE1 7RU, UK.

 http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/richard.tomlin