Re: Monetary goals for SRO Office Charlie Hathaway 25 Aug 1999 11:24 EST

Hi-

I think "revision rate" might also be a useful index for assessing SRO usefulness.  The data may not be the easiest to obtain.  However, if your office is involved in educating researchers on the grants process and/or improving the quality of proposals that go out, one should expect awards to arrive with fewer intervening revisions.  The math showing the significant value of lowering revision rates should be presented.  [Use only data on funded projects; a lower rate should not derive from unfunded proposals that were so dismal no revision was even considered!]

Charlie Hathaway