Re: Subcontract documentation Farbman, Betty 17 Aug 1999 10:50 EST

Dear Sally:
My vote is for full documentation.  If there is a squeeze, we'll take a fax.
There are many reasons for this.  Here's just one -

A faculty member at institution A, with all the best of intentions, decides
that his/her institution will provide cost sharing as part of a
collaborative project.   Your institution, institution B, gets the award as
the lead for the group, issues a subcontract, and lo and behold, institution
A's dean never agreed to cost sharing, has a policy that precludes cost
sharing, etc.  Everyone is in a tough spot.

We don't want to be there.

Betty Farbman