Re: NIH-AREA (R15) budgets Peter J. Dolce 17 Aug 1999 08:33 EST

Ask for a multiple of $150K anyway, and explain why in the justification.

"Farnsworth, Franci" wrote:

> Thanks for the advice.    Unfortunately, I didn't mention that NIH-AREA
> grants (R15) are limited to $100K for three years -- hence my math problem:
> she can't apply for 2 modules per year for three years.     I was hoping for
> advice from folks who've actually tried to make the numbers work for AREA
> grants (though modules weren't required until the last deadline, so probably
> not many out there have done this).        I want her to be able to get the
> full $100K, but the only way would be to have a justification for extra
> funding in one of the three years -- or to design a two year program.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Franci

Peter J. Dolce, Ph.D.
Director, Research Support Services
Meharry Medical College
1005 Todd Boulevard                Phone 615 327 6703
Nashville, TN                             Fax 615 327 6716