Re: EPA Grants Janet Simons 04 Aug 1999 11:33 EST

We began seeing this form in early 1998.  It was included in the application
packet under the following notice:  "All grant applications submitted after
October 1, 1997 must include a completed form 4700-4 [Preaward Compliance
Review Report].  If the completed form is not included, the grant application
will not be processed."

Some of the questions don't seem to apply to the kinds of projects we
propose.  Our investigators have called and discussed the questions with the
EPA rep to determine a reasonable kind of response.  Our University Counsel
handles Sections III and IV (civil rights lawsuits/compliance) of the form.

--
Janet Simons     xxxxxx@umaryland.edu