Re: EPA Grants Barbara Gray 04 Aug 1999 12:13 EST

Tom,

We (College of Charleston) just recently had to complete the same things.  Our
project was funded under the EPA's Environmental Justice Program, which is to
target areas where the population has been exposed to environmental problems of
greater magnitude that places where non-disadvantaged people reside.  I assumed
that's why minority population and civil rights data were required.  We have
not had to complete this information for "regular" research program grants.
Could this be the case for you, too?

Barbara Gray

"Thomas E. Wilson" wrote:

> When did EPA start requiring a Preaward Compliance Review Report?
> Questions regarding the population (minority population) of the service
> area, population (minority population) to remain without service, etc. do
> not seem relevant to a basic research grant.  I thought that we were making
> some progress with the federal agencies in cutting back on useless
> paperwork until I was asked to complete this and I have had to send the
> form to our attorney to get a list of the civil rights lawsuits or
> complaints currently pending (if any).
>
> Tom Wilson
>
> Thomas E. Wilson
> Director, Sponsored Programs