Re: Federal Salary Cap Evelyn J. Ford 29 Jul 1999 10:30 EST

Diane --

This is a very interesting and important point, and I'm glad that you made
this comment.  It's something I hadn't considered before and may be a good
selling point with some of our investigators who are reluctant to permit
their salaries to be shown in the budget.

-- Evelyn

At 09:35 AM 7/29/99 CDT, you wrote:
>I would encourage everyone to include the actual salary on the budget
page, but compute the total column based on the cap.  I have heard NIH
representatives say that they justify increases to the salary cap on the
salary data they receive in the applications. If we don't tell them what
our staff is normally making, we can't expect the cap to raised any time soon.